Empowering Moms Program
Building Connection, Community and Confidence in New Mothers
The Empowering Moms program at Parents in Toto consists of support groups and additional programs to support women as new moms & throughout their parenting journey. These groups are inclusive but not geared to families/children with an autism diagnosis. Parents in Toto wants to embrace whole family needs and the early years transition is often the first big time of growth.
Our mission is to empower women to gain confidence as new moms through a validating, diverse, and accepting community setting.
- Facilitated weekly & monthly support groups.
- Guidance to needed community resources.
- Mentoring & advocacy regarding maternal mental health, developmental & family needs.
- Encouragement, empowerment & acceptance of all moms.
With covid precautions in place, at this time we are meeting virtually in various ways. We are also slowly re-introducing in person groups as able and within the CDC guidelines. Our multiple calls are offered throughout the month and are open to local and non-local women.
Join us for:
- A weekly call for moms in the first year of parenting.
- Toddler Mom calls every other week.
- Evening calls for moms who are working or occupied during the day.
- In-person, daytime, meet ups for New moms and babies.
- In-person evening meet ups for Mom’s Night.
- Monthly workshops on a variety of topics.
Please join the calls to get individualized support and encouragement. In addition, we offer a Facebook community to those who have registered through the above sign up link. This community is an extension of our non-judgemental, inclusive and supportive approach.
What moms have to say about their experiences with groups...
Thank you for the support of our Valentine's Basket Raffle!
Our winners were picked on 2/12/2021. Congratuations to Christy and Tammi! The two baskets featured over $800 products and gift certificates to local businesses.
Each ticket purchased funded a mom attending support groups. We raised $1295 for the Empowering Moms program.
Thank you to everyone who purchased tickets, made donations to fill the baskets and helped us spread the word about the fundraiser.
Please continue to share about the program with the moms in your life. If you have any fundraiser or financial support ideas, please reach out!
Thank you to all who helped contribute to the Date Night Basket:
- Two 1-hour massages from Full Circle Function & Fitness (value $200)
- $100 Gift certificate to Della Terra Restaurant
- Wine with a beautiful hand lettered bag from the love letter co.
- Young Living Massage oil & lotion
- Candy, Candles, Bailey’s, Hello Fresh coupon and more!
- Two sessions ($100 value) of personal training from Elite Custom Fitness Training
- $100 Boutique 16063 gift certificate
- $60 gift certificate to Levana Bratique
- $30 gift certificate to Spring & Main Cafe
- Two Mazza Wines
- Young Living essential oils & handmade diffuser jewelry
- Coffee & Mug, coloring book & more!
We can't wait to meet you.
Megan Shane, M.A. Program Manager
Text EMP to 412-748-0406 for more info