Empowering Moms Program
Building Connection, Community and Confidence in New Mothers
The Empowering Moms program at Parents in Toto consists of support groups and additional programs to support women as new moms & throughout their parenting journey. These groups are inclusive but not geared to families/children with an autism diagnosis. Parents in Toto wants to embrace whole family needs and the early years transition is often the first big time of growth.
Our mission is to empower women to gain confidence as new moms through a validating, diverse, and accepting community setting.
- Facilitated weekly & monthly support groups.
- Guidance to needed community resources.
- Mentoring & advocacy regarding maternal mental health, developmental & family needs.
- Encouragement, empowerment & acceptance of all moms.
With covid precautions in place we are meeting virtually and in small groups in various ways. Our multiple calls are offered throughout the month and are open to local and non-local women. Our local groups are open to moms from the greater Pittsburgh area.
Join us for:
- A weekly call for moms in the first year of parenting.
- Toddler Time playgroup every other week.
- Evening calls for moms who are working or occupied during the day.
- In-person, daytime, meet ups for New moms and babies.
- In-person evening meet ups for Mom’s Night.
- Monthly workshops on a variety of topics.
Please join the calls to get individualized support and encouragement. In addition, we offer a Facebook community to those who have registered through the above sign up link. This community is an extension of our non-judgemental, inclusive and supportive approach.
What moms have to say about their experiences with groups...
Join us now and into 2022!
We continue to have our regular consistent program and offer special events.
We hope to see you soon!
We can't wait to meet you.
Megan Shane, M.A. Program Manager
Text EMP to 412-748-0406 for more info