It’s not always easy to find things to look forward to and sometimes its harder when the weather is bad and we’ve been inside for so long. Many of the participants in groups this week have expressed concerns about feelings of uncertainty, boredom and “blah”. Luckily, they’ve also brainstormed some great ways to feel a little better and I’d like to share those with you!
- Find something new to watch. Recommendations ranged from Wanda Vision to Avatar. Bonus: if you find a season or movie that hasn’t been released yet, you get something to look forward to!
- Animals: The cuter they are, the bigger the benefits! Youtube is full of dog and cat shows, you can jump on Zoom and visit with the pet of a friend or family member, you can send me cute pics of your pets and I’ll share them in groups, there are even online cameras of bird feeders if you prefer a feathered friend!
- Chinese Food. It was unanimously agreed upon by the Young Women’s Group that planning a day to get your favorite Chinese food gives you something yummy to look forward to at the end of a long week. I couldn’t agree more! For some this might be cuisine of a different fare, and that’s just as awesome:)
- Do something you haven’t done in a while. You don’t have to be good at it, you only have to enjoy it! Dig out your old Pokemon cards, find that paint set you got a few years ago, try baking something new, start collecting cool rocks again!
- Reach out. If you run out of ideas, if you feel overwhelmed, if you’re bored out of your mind… reach out to someone you trust and ask for a little help.